Is a world where every child, has access to care and education to enable them to have the opportunity to realise their potential, lead a fulfilling life and feel valued.
We rebuild and transform lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable children.
How do we do it?
- We identify the greatest risks facing children focussing on disease, trauma and disability.
- We deliver holistic life-changing interventions where there are crucial gaps in health care, education and psychosocial services, empowering children and adolescents.
- We invest in capacity building and training communities, partners and governments to embed proven models into local systems, creating long-term change.
- We are entrepreneurial and daring: We were among the first organisations to provide life-saving drugs to children born with HIV in South Africa. In 2013, One to One Children’s Fund was recognised in the top 100 for the Rockefeller Innovation Award for our unique Expert Patient Programme.
- We are effective: We pilot and only roll out cost-effective models that make a measurable difference.
- We generate high impact and value for money: More than 30,000 children benefit from our programmes and last year 85p of every £1 donated went directly to our projects
- Our projects are sustainable: We seek to put ourselves out of business. Governments, partners and communities have adopted and are replicating our ground breaking projects in several countries.
We currently work in Kosovo, the Middle East and eight African countries. Our programmes directly benefit over 30,000 children, through the work of over 250 Community Health Workers. Our projects support children from pre and post-natal care, through childhood and adolescence.
Pregnancy and Babies
Without treatment 30% to 45% of HIV positive women will pass the virus on to their babies.Read More
2.6 million children were living with HIV at the end of 2014, and in Kosovo 20,000 children have disabilities.Read More