Raising money at work can be daunting, but the rewards for both the children we reach AND the fundraisers and companies involved, can be immense. It can be a great way to get to get to know your colleagues better and have some fun, while supporting vulnerable children at the same time.
I had a really good time organising a fundraiser at work, and it was eye opening seeing my colleagues outside the office. It turns out there are some dark horses in my team
There are loads of ways you and your colleagues can raise money for One to One Children’s Fund. Just a few ideas below:
Does your company offer pay roll giving? Payroll giving deducts an agreed part of your salary every month, tax-free, and donates it to the charity of your choice. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Big employers often have a matched giving scheme to match the amount you donate. If you take part in a challenge event or raise money through a bake sale, why not see if your company can match the amount you raise?
There are lots of things you can do if you prefer a more hands-on approach to fundraising, including:
- Get a team together for one of our challenge events. They’re great team-building exercises.
- Organise a ‘dress down’ day so you can all leave the suits at home in return for a donation.
- Does your team have a regular coffee run? Give up the caffeine or, more achievably, make your own coffee for a week and donate the money you save to One to One Children’s Fund.
- If you get colleagues to sponsor you for going without coffee your efforts will reap an even greater reward.
- Create a charity fines jar for colleagues who fail to keep their desks tidy or turn up to meetings on time. If you work for a smaller company perhaps you can be sponsored to do all the office chores.
- Of course, you can always organise a cake sale. We love cake at One to One Children’s Fund, so make sure you send us pictures of anything yummy.
Follow us on Twitter
Want to beat #blueMonday feels? Kick start a positive week by signing up to run the Paris Half Marathon. Message for details! 🏃